Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Through The Eyes of a Child

So, as I said, I had Christmas on my mind yesterday.

Imagine my surprise when I saw my son's pumpkin.  He, all on his own and without consulting anyone, decided to carve a nativity scene on his pumpkin.

This was his first year actually carving by himself -- he's 9 -- and he did it freehand.

Let your eyes adjust, and you'll see a stable shape and then the three figures underneath, two even with praying hands, one in a manger, even the north star in the sky:




I know, I know . . . spoken like a proud mommy.  Well, I guess I am!


Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God ~
even in the surface of a pumpkin.

Merry Halloween!



10 comments:

tdjunkie said...

Well if that is the cutiest pumpkin I ever saw. You should be proud.

The Dayles said...

Wow, he's one in a million that one!

Di in Indiana said...

Awesome!!

Weza said...

What a very clever boy. WOW

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful pumpkin! Thanks so much for following my blog; I feel honored when fellow bloggers choose to keep up with me:) I would love for you to participate in this week's Crock Pot Wednesday. Come on over and post a favorite slow cooker recipe. Mister Linky is up and ready for you.

Becky said...

Wow!He's an amazing young man, and, yes, you're one proud Momma!

The Dayles said...

Renee, come over to BHG to see my kitty pics (on yesterday's roll call). We got 2 6 week olds!

GwendolynKay said...

That just makes my heart melt. He certainly has his heart in the right place.
Blessings!
Gwen

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Renne'! That is unbelievable and beautiful! Your son has some real talent there! Can you send him over to do my pumpkins?! LOL!!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Teresa

P.S. I have an award for you at the Manor, please stop on over when you get a chance!

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

You have every right to be very proud. That is outstanding on many levels.

Related Posts with Thumbnails