Thursday, October 29, 2009

My First Award!

Well, I am just giddy over here.  I received my first award/acknowledgement today!  Now, I know . . . I should not be looking to others for validation and worth . . .

But in the words of a great societal observer, Sally Field . . .

You like me!  You really like me!!

Okay, okay, I'll knock it off.  Keep my cool. 

Okay, I'd like to thank Kraft Service . . .

No, that's not right, either.

Well, the lovely Teresa, from Marigold Manor, has passed this lovely award on to me:





Along with this award comes the impetus to tell you all 6 things about myself that you don't already know.  Hmmm . . .

Okay, here goes . . .

1.  I have a pink kitchen and make no apologies.





2.  I can talk like Paula Deen, Edith Bunker, and the priest's mother in The Exorcist (quite an ecclectic bunch, don't you think?) despite being a confirmed Midwestern gal . . . complete with "accent," as I'm told by these East Coasters in their Baltimore accents that strongly resemble a New Jersey accent . . . deny it as they will.








3.  I have red hair that used to be stick-straight and went spiral-curly when I was pregnant with my son; I think I like having curly hair better.



(Okay, okay, that's not me . . . just an example!


4.  A rescued mourning dove lives with us.  She was found as a bald nestling after a spring storm.  We brought her in, kept her warm, force fed her (as doves must be), and raised her.  She, somehow, imprinted on the dog, so she couldn't be set free.  (She approaches the dog and tries to sleep by him -- what great news for the neighborhood foxes!)  So she has run/flight of the house all day, but sleeps in her cage as night as she has a tendency to become disoriented in the dark.  She is a full member of the family, and I adore her.



That's her claiming my daughter's Christmas gift for herself.


5.  It is my biggest fantasy to be a Radio City Rockette.  No idea where this comes from -- perhaps the fact that I am short and -- well, nothing of mine is shaped like a Rockette's.  When I met one in person last year, I got teary and made a fool of myself and I didn't care.





6.  I used to be renowned for my Christmas cookies, but just can't seem to pull the time together these past couple of years. 





So there you have it.  Still wanna hang around with me?

Many thanks, again, to Teresa.  Be sure and visit her blog, Marigold Manor -- it's one of the warmest and most enchanting blogs I've run across.

I'll be passing the award along in a separate post, so stay tuned!

Happy Thursday!







11 comments:

tdjunkie said...

You deserve it - I love your blog (rousting applause in the background)

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Renee! Nice to meet you! I know music is not everyone's cup of tea, but I LOVE your Halloween music!! I'll have to see if I can find that Purple People Eater by Judy Garland for MY music player! LOVED All In The Family too!.. So if you can imitate Edith, that's cool with me too! (0; Gotta get back to work! I'm taking down curtains and emptying out closets right now! The big moving day is
Saturday! Have a great Halloween weekend!.. and hope we can visit again! ~tina

missy said...

Congratulations on your award!!! So you want to be a Rockette? I want to be Liza Minelli....well maybe not exactly but I want to SING in outrageous nightclubs. Just too bad I can't sing!! LOL LOL

hugs
-missy-

LemonyRenee' said...

Thanks, td! You've been with me from the beginning. ;)

Bean -- I LOVE the Judy Garland PPE song, it's the best rendition ever! Thanks for noticing. :) Just keep plugging!

Missy -- Now, reality has nothing to do with this. Who cares if you can't sing, my legs resemble tree trunks! ha!

Hannah said...

awsome stuff! Congrats! xx

Di in Indiana said...

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

My whole family raves about your spicy ginger cookies! Maybe you will feel up to cookies again this year (runs off to look for the recipe)

Gayla

Weza said...

Congrats on the award, awesome stuff. Your blog is gorgeous! I liked the six things about you. Quirky you are. Your pet dove is so sweet. xxx

LemonyRenee' said...

Well, thanks everybody!

Unknown said...

Renee', I'm so pleased to have passed this award on to you . . . you deserve it for your charm and grace and just plain good writing!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a lot to learn about this subject.
I love all of the points you have made.

Here is my web page :: great point

Related Posts with Thumbnails