Monday, October 5, 2009

Talkin 'Bout Freedom!

For any of you just joining us . . . I was home ALL last week -- and both weekends -- with a sick daughter and a sick husband.

Now . . . a moment of silence . . .

And a drumroll . . .

Today, they ALL went back to school and work!  All of them!!  There is no one here but me and the dog (and the rest of the menagerie, but you know what I mean).  Blissful silence.  No cartoons on out of pity.  No requests for juice.  No beeping thermometers.  No need for extra blankets.

And I'm free to leave.  I'm so getting out of here!  To where?  Who cares!  Just out!

So I will be back later, once my kids are out of school and we're all home again, with something of more substance to say.  For the time being, I'm free and I'm making a run for it.

Perhaps you'll spot me running through an open meadow like a giddy, spring lamb . . .




Or perhaps I'll go for speed, like a naughty dog who's escaped from the yard  . . .




Either way, you'll know me by giggle and flush of freedom!






6 comments:

Becky said...

Have fun spreading your wings today! You've more than earned it :-)!

Anonymous said...

Run, and don't look back!!!!!

Gayla

missy said...

I hope you had a wonderful day to yourself. I get one of those kind of days tomorrow. Just me and the two cats all alone. I'm doing every chore today so tomorrow truly is a "free to be me" day.

Bobo Bun said...

Freedom - wahhay.

Love the image of you all sqwauking and sloshing off to get your blessing. We have those services here, but never been, maybe we should give it a go to see what Alfie would do.

Hope you've had a great day J.

Lisa x

Weza said...

Oh the joys... brilliant post. I am smiling at the thought of running like an escaped dog.hope you had a blast.

Sue said...

Finally FREEDOM!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails