It's Thursday and, stuck for topics as I seem to be lately, I will make use of this handy little meme:
1. To whom did you last give the finger? The guy in the burgundy pickup truck who risked both of our lives in order to not let me into his lane. But I only did it with my mind ~ which, if you knew me, you would know is far wicked-er.
2. If you had 1,000 dollars and HAD to spend it, what would you buy? A new kitchen table set. We need a new, round one . . . with new energy.
3. What was the last beverage you spilled on yourself? Coffee, all down the front of my white shirt . . . and then I had to walk around like that for the rest of the day. ugh
4. When was the last photograph you took? What was it of? The last photo I took was of a bookstand in IKEA. My boy and I are trying to take pictures, when we are together, of architectural elements that resemble letters (like those new, trendy art pieces) and plan to spell out f-a-m-i-l-y. That bookstand will be the capital "I."
5. Who was the last person to smoke a cigarette in your presence? A very drunk, very high, very tattooed, almost naked young woman who came up and talked to my friend and I as we walked through the county fair. I guess the fact that my friend was walking her two sheep reminded the young woman of her cat and, somehow, her step-mother. It was an odd conversation.
6. What animal did you last pet or hold? My little-old-man dog, Jasper. We adopted him last February and, being 10 years old and set in his ways, he has no idea what to do with affection. I try to give him his space, but every once in a while I just can't stand it any longer and simply must cuddle him. And so I did, last night. And he hated almost every minute of it.
7. What was the last superstitious thing you did? Insisted that my husband knock on wood after he said a particularly positive thing about something. And then I forced him to do it again when he knocked, rather dismissively, on metal rather than wood the first time.
8. What was the last text message you received? "Hi! I'm here! I'm in 'baggage claim.' Let me know when you get here. I can't believe it!"
9. What was the last musical instrument played in your presence? My son began piano lessons this past June. He practices every day. I love hearing his "Good King Wenceslas," even if it is 95 degrees right now.
10. What was the last note that you wrote on your hand? Absolutely no idea. It had to be in grade school.
11. What are you wearing as you answer these ridiculously stupid TT questions? It depends upon whom is asking.
1 hour ago