Monday, October 26, 2009

Revisiting Santa Claus




Okay, I know it's not even Halloween yet . . .

Please try not to get the pitchforks out . . .

but . . .

last night . . .

I started thinking about . . .

Christmas.

(I know, I know.)

Well, it wasn't so much me, it was Santa Claus who was thinking about Christmas.  Santa has to plan ahead and sleuth and slink to decide on -- and then find -- just the right gift.  I think you know what I mean.





Anyway, this led me to thinking. . . So I thought I'd get you thinking, too . . . (you can thank me later) . . .

If you could get one more gift from Santa Claus, what would it be?  What is the toy you wish you had most and missed out on?  Or which toy do you miss so much, you'd choose it again?  I'm speaking to your inner-child here . . . no mortgages-paid-off or dream cars.  What would the child that still lives somewhere inside you ask for?

Mine would be a very elaborate dollhouse.  Not a molded-plastic PlaySkool model or anything PlayMobil.  No.  Something more like this:




I see a Christmas tree in the middle of that gazebo . . . lit with the big, old-fashioned lights.  What?  You don't see it?  Hmph, funny . . .


 


Get any ideas from this view?  I wouldn't even know where to begin!  (But I'd figure it out.)


Now, trust me, this is pure fantasy.  The cost of one of these little beauties would -- and should -- go into our own house right now.  And I have been having enough trouble keeping up my real house, no idea when I would find the time to decorate a pretend one.  And let's really nevermind the fact that I don't ever think I had such a stellar year of good behavior as to be rewarded with this.  It's just pure fantasy.

Any idea what you would ask for?  (Let's forget whether we would actually deserve it or not, 'kay?)


 




7 comments:

The Dayles said...

OOO that doll house would definitely be on my list but, the first thing that came to mind was...Barbie's Country Camper, circa 1972. Loved mine and would love to have another! Think of the adventures that my DD Princess barbies could have in that bright orange RV!

Becky said...

We always opened presents Christmas morning. I was 7 or 8 and was sick. I remember my parents bringing me to the tree on Christmas Eve night to pick one gift. It was a stuffed donkey. I treasured the donkey, and the memories even more. I'll have to think of what I would like as a kid, now.... Thanks!

tdjunkie said...

Hello,

I always wanted an HO scale train set as a kid. I didn't get it until I was much older and went in with my brother and bought one. It just wasn't the same crawling around on the basement floor as a teenager.

GwendolynKay said...

I honestly can't think of anything I would want now that I didn't have as a child.... not that we had much... The things I remember best were getting together with all my cousins at my Grandparent's house for holidays... all of us sleeping over in the bedrooms up stairs... giggling and telling ghost stories..... Precious memories like that.
Blessings!
Gwen

Unknown said...

Renee, too bad we didn't live closer together! You could come and get your dollhouse fix here! I have several large dollhouses . . . I found my Beacon Hill from Greenleaf on the side of the curb on garbage day! Keep your eyes open!

I'm getting what I want for Christmas . . . my mom is coming from Canada to stay with us over the holidays . . . I'm so excited!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Teresa

Weza said...

I really cant think what I would want... mmmm. Thinking.
Great post

Tracy said...

Hi, Renee! I couldn't help but think of Christmas either this past weekend--just two months away...YIKES! I need to get busy with gifts, etc....LOL! Such a lovely dollhouse. My younger sister and I were often surprise by wonderful gifts Christmas morning, even things we didn't ask for on our wish lists. Christmas always felt abundant in so many ways, bless my folks for that. Something I would love again though it the pink tutu and leather ballet slippers I had when I was 6-ish. I can't dance, but just to have, you know. Happy Days! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails