Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Working Breakfast



My husband and I are trying a new thing this fall.

Get your minds out of the gutter, I'm talking about coffee.

We've decided to meet for coffee out each Wednesday morning. 

What a novelty it is to sit together -- alone -- while the day is new and we're not tired.  On weekend mornings, my son is up with the sun and waiting for us.  Nice, but not exactly couple-time.  In the evenings, sometimes, I'm too tired to really talk and I know my husband is the same way.

So Wednesday mornings it is. 

And out of the house.  I am not distracted by the notion that dishes need doing or laundry should be starting or anything else.  Just him and me.  Delicious coffee, maybe something to eat, and time.  Just time.   

Today we talked a bit of business -- bills, money, planning.  Of course, we talked about the kids, who may struggle this year, who may soar.  And then we just talked about this and that.  Alone.  Together.  Out.   

Amazing.

Meet you next week, SweetiePie. 

2 comments:

Di in Indiana said...

I'm very glad to hear that you are doing this. It will be a great time for the two of you to bond ;-)

upinair2u said...

What a nice date!

Related Posts with Thumbnails