Friday, January 15, 2010

Merry Knitting Day/s




If you're a knitter . . . happy holidays!

What's the holiday?  Prime Knitting Time.

Winter makes knitting seem as natural as breathing.  Long evenings.  Cold weather.  Perhaps a bit of free time as the presents have been found or finished, wrapped, and given.  (Okay, okay, my tree is still up, but so!)

For such an occasion, I broke out some yarn I have been saving for quite some time and just have to tell you about. 




Sinsation by Plymouth Yarn

This is a rayon/wool blend.  It is the softest yarn I have ever felt, and it has a sheen that makes whatever you make look like expensive, vintage velvet.  I'm very tactile, and how a yarn feels in the hand is important to me.  This yarn feels amazing.  

At approximately $12/skein (38 yards), it is expensive, but two skeins will make you a lovely scarf or bag . . . just enough to add a look and feel of luxury.  So worth it.




I recommend treating yourself.







8 comments:

GWENDOLYN said...

Your yarn sounds yummy. Love that last comic. Blessings!
Gwen

Chicken Boys said...

Your tree is still up?
~Randy

Di in Indiana said...

My tree is still up too!!

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

I wish I was a knitter. It sounds so cozy and relaxing. But I'm allergic to wool, so maybe not such a good idea!

Chickens in the Basement said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see what you make!
Anna

Jenny S said...

hahaha! Love the comic at the end of the house sweater!

bad penny said...

I can't knit ! but I can cook spag bol - love the cartoon !
My tree was up ( plonked outside ) but has fallen over. Usually by March we do something about it.

Teresa said...

Oh my, that's luscious! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Love the cartoons . . . too funny!

Hugs,
Teresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails