I see many blogs are starting out the year on a good note and posting lots of lovely lists and pretty things. And I've been really enjoying reading and posting the like.
There is another side of me, too. And it ain't all sunshine. In fact, I can be quite a grumbler. And, actually, it works for me. Once I get something off my chest, I usually feel better.
So I challenge anyone who makes it to the bottom of my list, to write their own list, should they desire. (I will not actually tag anyone to do it, though, because I know some people try very hard to remain positive.)
10 Things That Really Bug Me
(I'll keep it to 10 as long as you understand there are plenty more where that came from.)
1. When I end up thanking the rude salesperson who merely shoves my purchases at me with a grunt.
2. People who do not cover their mouths when they sneeze. (No, turning away does not count.)
3. Yellow crocus flowers. (Face it, they look like weeds.)
4. Earthquakes . . . especially when they take from people who already had nothing.
5. Martha Stewart.
6. People sitting in the right-hand turn lane when they plan to go straight and thereby hold legions of right-hand turners behind them hostage all through a red light.
7. People who walk through the door you held open waiting for them to grab, not walk through.
8. How ridiculously expensive any and all toys are now.
9. That I never, ever, seem to have a pen in my purse.
Yep, that's right. There they are.
Now, I certainly know there are worse things in life, but listing those could put me, and perhaps many of you, into a major funk -- if not worse -- for days.
No, I'm just sticking to those little chips on my shoulder . . .