It's Saturday. Time for the Saturday 9. Check out Crazy Sam for more participants or to participate yourself.
1. When was the last time you were told to go your own way? Probably when I was in college. I was trying to decide whether to go on to law school or not, and asked the advice of one of my English professors (who was also a practicing attorney). He encouraged me, reminding me that you only get one chance at life, to grab what I want.
2. What one experience has strengthened your character the most so far? Raising my daughter who is a highly traumatized former orphan who cannot feel or accept love. She challenges who I am, all my parts, every single day. It is my most fervent wish to help her, to heal her, but it is my deepest concern that we will not be the ones to do it.
3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Get all my "musts" done quickly and then curl up, knit, and watch chick flicks.
4. How long can you go without your cell phone? Having it? Not long at all, because I like to feel like I'm reachable should my small kids need me. Using it? I could go quite a while. I've worked very hard not to become dependent upon it.
5. Do you wish you were somewhere else right now? Yes, I wish I were off on the outing my son and husband are on, but, alas, only one parent to a child, as usual at these things.
6. Of all the people you've ever known, who have you most feared? My mother.
7. Do people tell you that you look your age? Some people tell me rather emphatically that I look younger, but I don't honestly believe them.
8. Your ex shows up randomly at your house, what do you say? Kiss me, you devil! (kidding, only kidding)
9. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? No.
Have a weekend!
Khalid Masood: ‘A nice guy’ turned extremist
4 hours ago