Friday, February 26, 2010

Speaking Of . . .

I'm out of sorts with all sorts things on my mind . . .


I just sent my son upstairs for the rest of his life, or at least until supper, whichever comes first.  Judging by my current mood, it's a toss up which will occur first.  I tend to lose my appetite when I'm angry, which makes me wonder why I'm not down to 80 lbs by now.

Speaking of bodies . . .



From the "I Guess It Was Formica I Knocked On" file, I now am nursing a pinched nerve.  As soon as I published the last post (on getting on with my life and leaving the body stuff to my body), I started to feel the beginnings of a pinched nerve.  After a year of not feeling up to par, I have become a rather impatient patient.

Speaking of patience . . .



My house is a mess.  Why is it that when I am feeling well enough to clean it, the mess doesn't bother me, but the moment I am not up to cleaning it, it is my fervent wish to do so?

Speaking of laziness . . .



I have the chance to enroll my son, the one upstairs for the rest of his life, in a little 2-hour lesson in harvesting sap from maple trees (to make into syrup) this Sunday.  I have considered enrolling him, but am not sure he won't be mugging our two maples trees from now on.  So I am leaning against it, yet feeling like a lazy mother for doing so.

Speaking more about laziness . . . 




Remember the mudroom project?  Me neither . . . except when I try to find something or pass through the family room (which now holds all the things evacuated from said mudroom), or do laundry.

And . . .



Do you think McDonald's Filet-O-Fish really qualify as a legitimate Lenten Friday meal?  I don't.  The other equal in my household does.  I can only hold out so long.  This is going on my List (the List St. Peter checks at the pearly gates), I know it, and suspect it is my husband's plan for getting away from me sometime before the here'after.  

Speaking of real men . . .



Why haven't I ever seen a Robert Mitchum movie until now?  And why aren't there more men like that in Hollywood anymore?

Speaking of movie mysteries . . .

 

Why is Leonardo DiCaprio slated to play Frank Sinatra in the long-awaited Scorsese film when it is quite obvious to me that Jude Law would make a much better "Ole Blue Eyes?"  I guess this would go in the "If You Want Something Done Right" file.

Well, my husband has arrived home with a McDonald's bag the size of a shopping bag.  Guess it's time to call my son down . . .



9 comments:

Weza said...

mmmm sounds like a regular friday night in my house

Anna Bartlett said...

We must be living the same life, just on different continents (except my back is ok, you poor thing!, oh, and the maple trees, of course). Eloquent, moving and real. And a little bit sad - I hear you sister!

Chickens in the Basement said...

It's just your turn! Last night was my turn! When will they stop throwing tantrums? The 13 year old lost his computer because he didn't do his homework. You would have thought I beat him! He would rather have a beating! It might make me feel better to beat him!

Hope you feel better...pinched nerve, child woes, fish dilemas! I don't think a filet o fish will keep you out of heaven!

June said...

Rene this was the funniest post I've read in a long time. Not funny 'cause you're hurting and that your son was naughty, and that your husband made dinner, just plain hilarious writing on your part. I loved it! I think I will be laughing most the evening just thinking about how fun it was to read this. I'm so with you about Jude Law.
I just read your last post and I am so sorry about the health issues you've had to deal with in the past. I know how frustrating it can be to not feel well. I hope things get back on track soon.
hugs

BadPenny said...

ooh get thee a massage double quick. My house is so dirty the cobwebs are mingling with the dust. Just when I steel myself for a spring clean I get a trapped nerve.

My seventeen year old was sent to tidy her room and " NOT COME OUT 'TIL IT'S DONE!"...something I have NEVER said before.

I'm with you on Jude Law too infact lets adopt him to do our housework !

sending lots of hugs from over the pond xx

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I love this post! You've given me a glimpse into your day, which I have, minus the husband part, and some common thoughts on the cleaning chores..It's so true!

ilibili's kitchen said...

Renee, Love this one! Like I was into your house, behind the curtains, and I really enjoy and have many memories into my house as a child! Did many.... remember some.... poor mother and grand mother....father worked a lot ( it seam to me that time)... Nice being into your house... Ileana

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Renee:
I can see I'm going to be stopping in frequently for my daily dose of "chuckle". I laughed again when I red your paragraph about enrolling the exiled son in classes for harvesting maple syrup. Gosh, you're a hoot!
xoxo
Donna

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, and I just type too fast. I'm not an idiot that doesn't know that it should be "read" and not "red". I hate making typos! grrrrr
Donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails