Saturday, January 15, 2011

What's the Kindest Thing a Stranger Has Done?

 
1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you? 

An older woman, a stranger, once approached me in a store and said, "I feel a little funny saying this, but feel I must. . . You are really beautiful.  Really a beauty.  Such a pretty, pretty girl."  I was so taken aback, I'm not sure I said even a word.  I don't think I am beautiful, and I'm not accustomed to that kind of commentary from anyone (other than my sweet husband, God love him).  But I had just been through a devastating time in my life, a time when I was shaken to my core and felt as if I wasn't worth the dirt I walked on.  Whatever moved that woman to do that for me that day, it picked my spirit out of the trash and gave me something to smile about again. 




2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?

Perhaps it sounds schmaltzy, but when I hug my son tightly and kiss his cheek, my soul recharges. 




3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?

I've had six jobs total.  Two were in the dentistry field which, at the time, was the career path I was on.  Two were in the legal field, including having my own small practice, my ultimate career of choice. 




4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?

Of the six jobs, I left five voluntarily, but I was never fired or asked to leave.  One job required full-time hours when I could only spare part-time hours. 


5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)

On a different blog.  I think I have participated, on occasion since last fall.



6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted?

Room temperature milk, uck.



7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?

I have found that the older I get, the less sure I am of anything . . . except that my husband loves me.



8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts?

I knew that I would never be able to have one of those always-cheerful, the-sun's-always-shining blogs, so I needed a title that would signify that.  I've always loved the novel title, "Of Mice and Men."  Beginning a title with a preposition seems to suggest that the reader is going places; I like that.




9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?

When I have the time, the interest, and the focus.  My natural tendency is not to be, but when I apply myself I can be.


If you want to play along, or merely read more replies, pop over to Crazy Sam's Saturday 9.

Happy Saturday!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 = 5 jobs

#4 = 0ne

#7 = My Christian Faith :-)

Have a nice day :-)

~Ron

John Going Gently said...

great questionaire!
I may nick it if thats ok!

love mr boston terrier!
a real sweetie!

fromsophiesview said...

HI Ho! LR...re: Fennie's tail.It seems that docking tails has seriously gone out of vogue up this way. So much so that it is frowned upon and we suspect against the law...so I guess that's the reason for Fennie's long one. I might just call Jami, Fennie's ma and ask her.
PS..Special HI to Abbott! Now when is he going to get his own blog...I'm waiting! ;-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This was beautiful. Truly beautiful, Renee. I appreciate you sharing these thoughts with us.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jim said...

Very thoughtful and honest responses....expected nothing less!

Unknown said...

I wish you 2011 brings joy, peace & happiness. Hope you get over the 'yuckies' soon.

Cute pooch.

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Related Posts with Thumbnails