1. It became officially summer on Monday. What's your favorite part of winter? Christmas, homemade soup, and sweaters.
2. What was your worst summer vacation ever? Every childhood summer of mine was marred by suffering in the form of swimming lessons.
3. Kimber's husband just got the dream job that he's hoped for. So a big shout out to her and Anthony! Tell us about the best job that you ever had. Once I worked for a large banking corporation, part-time with great pay and full benefits. Ah, the good ole' days.
4. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? Hauntingly, my own parents.
5. An alien appears and offers you the opportunity to repeat one year of your life. You will still know everything that you know now. He explains that no matter what you do differently, when you are returned to the present nothing will have changed. What year would you pick and why? What a wonderful question, fascinating to think about, impossible to answer. Perhaps I would choose a year out of my childhood (if I could minus the swimming lessons), because now I know how wonderfully uncomplicated it can be when you are a child. But, then again, maybe I would choose the first year I knew my husband -- wildly in love with lots of time on our hands and minimal responsibilities. Above all, though, I would probably choose the first year of my son's life. I would hold him and kiss him and rock him and not let one moment of it pass by without savoring it . . . because now I know how fast it goes.
6. Name three things you have on you at all times. Explain why. Simple gold earrings, because I don't usually think to change them. My grandmother's ring, because I miss her and it reminds me of her which makes me happy. Toenail polish, because my husband likes it.
7. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Christmas time. I had neglected to thank someone for a kindness they showed me; I wrote out my heart and, thankfully, the person forgave me.
8. If you could have everyone in the blogosphere read just one of your posts, which post would you pick and why? I don't know that I've written it yet.
9. I recently read that the music industry continues to decline at an alarming rate. In the last year it said the sales of Michael Jackson's and The Beatles' music are the only artists who sales continue to climb. The article stated that the two are holding up the industry. Have you bought a CD or mp3 of either artist recently? Nope.
10. What radio ad right now do you find so annoying that you'd rather have a tooth drilled than hear it again? Those OnStar ads, especially the ones with emergency sirens -- radio commercials with sirens should be illegal because they are so distracting to the driver.
11. Berleen walks into a bar on a hot Minnesota day. At the bar sits a priest, a rabbi and a minister. A ten foot duck walks into the bar right after Berleen. What drink do you think Berleen orders? A Bullshot. No idea why.
12. There is a knock on your door. It can be anyone in the world. Who would you want it to be? My grandmother.
13. What would be the worst entertainment or sporting that you could be forced to watch? Olympic curling. (come on)