Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday 9

As you might have noticed, I've been a little short on things to say lately.  So my thanks to Sam at the Saturday 9 for a good prompt:



1. Are you handy with tools?  Handy?  I'd say I'm competent if I'm directed . . . but I'm not one to break out the power tools on my own. 

2. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?  Many things, actually.  A good friend sent me flowers . . . just because.  A new friend sent me something she thought I needed, and I did.  My husband soothed me when I awoke in the middle of the night with an anxiety attack, and then stayed up 30 minutes longer than I to make sure I was soundly asleep . . . at 3am.  And my husband and I both had a change of heart at almost exactly the same time . . . I think God did it. 
 
3. What was the worst thing that happened to you this week?  I pulled a muscle in my thigh and now it won't stop twitching.

4. Do you think you act your age?  Yes, certainly not younger.  I have been accused of walking around as if the weight of the world is on my shoulders.  (But I do have bouts of momentary immaturity reference the sandal flinging contest with the kids the other night.)

5. Describe an item of clothing that has definitely seen better days but that you refuse to dispose of and still wear. Why won't you toss it?  I have a pink fleece pullover that was my mother-in-law's.  It's all pilly now.  I never wear it; never have worn it, but when I look at it, I can see her in it and hear her voice and feel good, as if I'm with her again.  I keep it among my every day wearables so that I see it often.  I'll never part with it. 

6. What is your favorite summertime beverage?  Fresh lemonade.

7. Have you ever lied about your age?  When I met my future husband and he was drinking age and I was not yet.  (All I wanted was a wine cooler at Summerfest!)

8. What was the most memorable birthday party you've attended?  My own when I turned 8.  My first and only "friend birthday party."  Pink babydoll cake, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, new dress -- it was all so lovely and perfect.  And my son's first birthday -- he took his first steps and said his first word on his first birthday!

9. What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?  Driving on ice.  I was in a car accident when the car in front of me began to spin out (despite going only 30 mph), forcing me to brake which led to me spinning, and then another car, unable to stop, plowed into me and totaled my car.  All I know is one minute everyone was fine and under control, and the next minute everyone was spinning.  I never, ever feel safe driving in any kind of winter conditions anymore.


Wishing you all peace and happiness this week,

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

I just finished a big glass of lemonade -- definitely my favorite summer drink, though I am very fond of iced coffee, too. Hope your pulled muscle is feeling much better.

Claudia said...

It is fun learning this information about you - sort of a recap of the week, with personal details! Have a great weekend.

xo
Claudia

Nancy K. said...

That was fun! I may have to 'borrow' it...

;-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

So sorry about the pulled thigh muscle. Dang-it, is it the time of year for "accidents"? Or are the stars aligned or something? -grin-

^_^

BadPenny said...

sorry you had an anxiety attack but glad your husband could reassure you x

Related Posts with Thumbnails